Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is Twitter the modern version of the C B radio?

I'm not on Twitter, but I know many authors who are.  I work during the day, and I just don't have the ability or time to sit on the computer and read all the comments scrolling down.  My evenings are blocked out in three sections:  fixing dinner, doing chores (like un-loading/re-loading the dishwasher, or doing laundry, or any number of things, including taking care of hubby and the kids), and writing.  Notice which one takes the back seat.

I wish I could participate.  I wish I had more time to advertise.  But then I wondered how long something like Twitter would last.  I remember back in the 70s when C B radios were The Big Thing.  I had one.  So did my folks, my neighbors, my siblings, and just about every car and truck you passed on the road.

How long will Twitter last before something else becomes the Next Big Thing?  Remember when MySpace was THE place to be?  Now it's Facebook.  What will come next?

No comments:

Post a Comment