Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WTF-ery: Sabotaging a fresh pedicure.

The other day when I was going for my pedicure, I witness a true WTF-ery.  A woman who had paid to get her toenails done got up when she was finished, put her "classy pumps" back on that she'd worn to the spa over her freshly-painted toes, and left.  I looked over at the aghast beautician, who could only shake her head.  "She'll be back," the beautician announced sadly.  I could understand. Those nice new toes were going to look absolutely horrible once she took off her shoes, but who would she blame?  Not herself, naturally.  She'd blame the beautician, even though I witnessed the fact that the beautician tried to get her to wear a pair of those "big toe temporary" flip flops the shop gives you.  But since the woman didn't want to be seen wearing the temps, she put on her own closed-toe shoes instead, and thus guaranteed herself a ruined polish job by the time she got home.  All that time and effort thrown out the window, and the beautician would have to repair the job at her own expense.

People like that astound me.  And what gets me is that woman is probably is some sort of corporate bigwig who is used to always getting things her way (my assumption is based on her clothes, hair, purse, and shoes).  I guess common sense wasn't part of the job requirement.

Anyway, I'm looking around the 'net for a pair of nice flip flops to compliment pretty new toes, and I found these.  No, I have no idea where you can buy them, if you can, but aren't they the neatest thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment