Friday, June 18, 2010

Easy Schmeezy Recipe - Baked Chicken and Rice

I don't mind cooking, but I do love the quick less-than-five-ingrediants meals that fill you up.  What's more, if my family enjoys it, it's a double win!

Here's my recipe for Baked Chicken and Rice.

1 can cream of chicken soup (with herbs, if you can find it, otherwise the plain is okay)
1 chicken (sue me, I'm lazy, so I get the already cut up chicken at the store)
2 1/2 cups white rice
2 cans of milk (enought to fill the soup can 2x)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Take a large 13x9x1 casserole dish and spray inside with olive oil (or any non-stick cooking spray).  Place rice, can of soup, 2 cans of milk, and 1 can of water inside.  Use a fork to break down soup and spread the rice evenly in the dish.  Add chicken pieces in mixture on top of rice (skin side up, larger pieces around the outside edge of the dish).  Salt and pepper everything on top.  Bake for 1 hr. and 15 min., then let cool/rest for another 5-10 min.  Serve.

Prep time - 15 min.  Cooking Time - 1 hr. 30 min.  Feeds 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment