Sunday, June 13, 2010

My girlfriends are upset with me.

After a long dry spell, I finally got my muse back, and I'm working on some new works for publication.  Which is why, when my friend called to see if I wanted to go "running around" with her (a female ephemism for shopping), I turned her down.  Hey, strike while the iron's hot, right?

Now she's pissed at me. 

Hubby says real friends would understand and support me.  Writer friends would be able to relate, but she's not an author.

In the meantime, I'm still at the computer.

1 comment:

  1. I understand!!! When the urge to write o'ertakes you, do so. I can spend 2 hours fidgeting, ironing, looking out the window, wiping things, but when I want to put finger to keyboard I have to forgo childish things. Don't ever feel guilty--be proud and happy you have a gift. Oh and tell your friend without people like you she wouldn't have anything to read... :) M. S. Spencer, author of Lost in His Arms and Lost & Found, both from Red Rose Publishing.

    ReplyDelete